With QuiltCon quickly approaching, the Modern Quilt Guild thought it would be fun to do a linky party. I've never done one before so I'm super excited to participate in this one.
Besides the excitement of having a couple quilts in the show (all group quilts), I'm looking forward to taking my daughter on her first international quilt show experience. Even at 7 1/2 months old she is fascinated by fabric and sewing machines! She will be joining me on opening day for shopping and quilt gazing and then will be spending time with daddy on Saturday while I do the lecture circuit.
Five things you may not know about me (in no particular order)
(1) I love to travel. I've been to 45 of the 50 states, have traveled to 20 different countries, and lived on three different continents. I have never been south of the equator.
(2) One of my group quilts that will be in the QuiltCon show was recently censored while hanging in another show. My letter was the one they covered up. :(
(3) Despite losing one of my ovaries to cancer 20 years ago, I gave birth to a daughter in June of last year. She is the love of my life.
(4) This isn't my real hair color
(5) I love movies and am particularly glad to be a resident of Austin, home to Baby Day at the Alamo Drafthouse, where you can bring your baby, drink beer, and watch a movie all at the same time!